If you've never heard of Scoot, here's how you play:
- Give each child a recording sheet. They will keep their sheet and pencil with them during the game.
- Place a task card face down at each person's seat.
- When you say "Go." students turn over the card at their seat and write the answer on the appropriate square of their recording sheet.
- When you say "Scoot!" students move to the next seat (cards stay--kids move) and do the next problem.
- At the end of the game, review answers.
Here's a copy of the game I made:
|Click here for a copy.|
My kids really enjoyed playing this game today and it seemed to help them understand renaming numbers a little more than they did before. That should really help next week when we do numerical representations and larger numbers. I hope you enjoy it!